Liver Cleanse To Flush Out Toxins
Cleansing the Liver of toxins is essential in any detox diet for optimum health benefits. It is highly recommended to do a herbal Colon Cleanse before starting a liver flush so that when your body dumps toxic waste into your bowels, it can be eliminated more effectively, safely and easily. Over the years many toxins may start to accumulate in the body and lead to a sluggish liver which can have many side effects such as low energy and fatigue, weight gain, skin problems, suppressed immune system, unbalanced hormone levels and more. The liver is one of your body’s main detoxification organ as well as a chemical factory. It is crucial for everybody to detoxify their liver atleast once a year to help clean, rejuvenate, repair and strengthen it. Your body will really thank you for doing it!
What Type Of Toxins Can The Body Accumulate?
Your body may accumulate many different types of toxins and chemical pollutants over the years due to unhealthy dietary and lifestyle habits. If these harmful substances are not neutralized and removed from the body, this can lead to liver problems such as cirrhosis and alcohol related damage, jaundice, fatty liver and more. Below are some of the most common types of toxins that can accumulate in the body that need to be flushed out in order to help return healthy liver function:
- Heavy metals such as mercury, aluminium, lead and arsenic.
- Pesticides and Herbicides that may be sprayed over food.
- Chemical toxins, environmental pollutants, solvents, synthetic estrogens and plastic residues like bpa.
- Artificial food preservatives, colors, dyes and other harmful additives
- Parasites and worms, bad bacteria and yeasts like Candida
How To Cleanse The Liver
How To Flush Your Liver With A Cleansing Diet
1) You may want to avoid any substances that may burden and pollute your liver any further before starting a cleanse. These can include alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and most importantly to change your diet to something more natural and organic and avoid eating processed junk food.
2) Fasting for 14 hours per day for women, and fasting 16 hours a day for men can be an excellent way to help your body start to naturally cleanse and remove harmful toxins from the body. 8 of these hours of fasting can actually be during bed time whilst the rest of the 6-8 hours you fast on an empty stomach upon waking. This is known to have excellent benefits specially for fat loss!
3) Everything you eat is processed by your liver, by switching to a more healthy diet and also avoiding meat products can help ease the toxic load on your liver and may help to strengthen and heal your digestive system more quickly. Meat can often contain toxins like artificial growth hormones and other harmful drugs and even heavy metals that may increase liver problems. You may also want to consider coffee and any other soft drinks that contain refined sugar. You could add 2-3 cups of herbal tea for additional detox benefits. Avoid green tea as this is becoming known for containing high levels of fluoride!
4) Drink plenty of water! It is essential to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water per day during any type of liver cleanse to help your kidneys and liver purify your blood properly. It is essential to stay well hydrated everyday to help toxins to move out of your body rather than store them.
5) You may want to add fresh organic raw fruit juice into your liver cleanse diet to help provide anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients into your diet. A great option would be to get creative and mix fruit with vegetables like beetroot which is an excellent liver detoxifier, carrots, tomatoes and create your own fresh fruit smoothies! Organic fruits and vegetables taken during a cleanse will also help provide some great fiber into your liver detox diet.
Natural Supplements For Liver Health
1) Milk Thistle – Milk thistle powder is considered an excellent addition to a detox diet. Its generally standardized for 80% silymarin which is the main active ingredient in this plant that helps to detoxify, regenerate and repair damaged liver cells. Its highly recommended for people who have a fatty liver or suffer from alcohol related damage. You may use 200-400mg of standardized milk thistle extract powder with water twice a day. Its also recommended to keep it 2-4 hours away from any medical drugs to avoid side effects.
2) Dandelion, Burdock and Yellow Dock Root – Root extracts of these 3 powerful natural detoxification herbs when taken together in powder or capsule form can help stimulate bile and and digestive enzymes and help push toxins out of the liver and also purify your blood of other harmful carcinogens. As an added benefit these detoxifying herbs will help flush out your kidneys and help strengthen them also!
3) Soluble and Insoluble Fiber – While cleansing your liver your body will be dumping these toxins into your colon, it is highly recommended to increase your fiber intake and ensure you are taking in around 30 grams per day. The reason fibre intake is essential during this time is because it will act like a sponge and mop while binding to the harmful substances and help move them out of your body efficiently and safely. You may want to consider using Psyllium seed husk powder as it provides both soluble and insoluble. Check out site for more information on Psyllium fiber!
4) Lemon Juice! An excellent source of nutrients and anti-oxidants, but most importantly, lemon juice helps to alkalize your body and also detoxify your liver. You can juice between 1 to 2 small lemons per day depending on how much toxins you want to flush and depending on the severity of your liver problem.
5) Apple Cider Vinegar – Natural organic ACV taken as part of your cleanse diet will also help to purify your blood and strengthen your liver as well as helping with any digestive disorders you may have. Take 1 spoonful with a glass of water once or twice per day spread apart evenly. You can couple this with Lemon Juice to help alkalize your body to remove more toxins from the blood. Please be sure to rinse your mouth out properly with a pinch of baking soda in water, this will help neutralize the effects of acidity on your teeth and protect them.
6) Omega 3 Oils – Natural oils such as Olive oil, Hemp Avocado are great sources of Omega 3 fatty acids. These are great for overrall health and carry a host of health benefits of their own. These natural oils will help to lubricate the intestinal walls, allowing the toxins to be absorbed by the oil and then eliminated safely from the body. Add 10-20ml of whichever oil you use into a fruit and vegetable juice smoothie. Do this upto two times in the day depending on your diet.
What Are The Potential Benefits Of Cleansing Your Liver?
- Increase in energy, less fatigue, improved mood.
- Increased sex drive and libido, improved sexual function and stamina
- Greatly improve skin tone, health, glowing skin and blood circulation.
- Improved fat metabolism and increased weight loss
- Increase hair regrowth due to improved blood circulation.
- Allergic reactions to certain foods or other substances.
- Boost your immune system and decrease frequency of colds and flu’s.
- Improve digestion and protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism which may help increase Lean Muscle Mass.
- Remove Dark Eye Circles from under the eyes, improve eyesight and even brighten the eyes naturally.
- Improved blood pressure and blood sugar levels.