What Is Psyllium Seed Husk Fiber Cleansing?
Psyllium is a herb native to India that comprises of seeds and husks commonly used as an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fibre for cleansing and detoxing the bowels. The fiber in Psyllium husk powder is 1/3 insoluble while 2/3rd’s of it is soluble, which makes it more than 10 times beneficial than Oat Bran! Psyllium fiber is generally used as a bulking agent and stool softener for colon cleansing purposes as well as relieving constipation. When added to water it expands many times its own weight like a sponge, and acts like a broom sweeping through the intestinal walls removing waste material, toxins and hardened fecal matter such as mucoid plaque.
Using Psyllium seed husk powder with plenty of water will basically allow for easier and softer bowel movements, making it useful for relieving constipation, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome and various other gastrointestinal problems. It is not digested in the small intestine therefore isn’t likely to have any nutritional benefits, but is partially broken down in the colon where it acts as a source of food for increasing friendly intestinal bacteria which makes Psyllium a useful prebiotic supplement for people with disgestive disorders.
What Are The Potential Benefits Of Psyllium Seed Husk Fiber?
- Great for Cleansing your colon and doing a herbal bowel flush.
- Natural laxative for quick, easy and softer bowel movements making it useful to help relieve constipation, diarrhea or even bleeding hemorrhoids and piles.
- Makes a great herbal supplement in a detox diet to help remove pesticides, herbicides, chemical toxins, mucoid plaque, PCB’s, artificial growth hormones, and even bind to heavy metals making it an excellent alternative to natural chelation therapy.
- Useful as a prebiotic supplement which is essential when cleansing the bowels to help replenish and increase healthy bacteria necessary for digesting food properly.
- Makes an excellent addition to Bentonite Clay for creating a Psyllium & Bentonite milkshake for an effective natural bowel detox.
- Helps to remove and bind to artificial colors, synthetic food dyes and artificial additives that may cause mood swings, emotional problems like depression, allergies or hyperactivity in Children
How Can I Take Psyllium Husk Fiber For Bowel Flushing?
Psyllium seed husk powder should always be taken with plenty of water, and generally should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning and kept 2 hours away from medications or drugs to avoid the chances of any side effects. First ensure you don’t have any allergic reactions to this herbal supplement by taking 2-3grams with atleast 1 tall glass of water. It is advised to be cautious if you have any problems with your throat or swallowing. You may want to take around 2 tall glasses of water for every heaped 5 gram teaspoon full of psyllium husk powder. It is generally recommended to follow this up with another 500-1000ml of water around an hour after taking this herbal supplement. This will help increase transit time of any waste material in the colon as well help prevent constipation. If you are concerned about side effects from Psyllium, dont be afraid to consult a medical professional for advice.